Monday, January 21, 2013

Perfect for the King

 Perfect for the King
Is what I want to be.
Shining with the brilliance
That comes from purity.

I want my wedding gown
Perfect for the Groom.
A stainless, spotless white,
For He is coming soon.

I want my love for Him
Surpassing all the seas,
Deeper than the depths,
Just as He’s loved me.

I want my heart so pure,
Like gold deep down inside.
Perfect for the King,
His consecrated Bride.

I want my every thought
Directed towards the throne.
Heavenly and pure
And from my God alone.

I want to serve the Lord
And be an offering.
Selfless through and through,
Perfect for the King.

Bearing fruit in season,
Honoring His name
Is what I want to do.
Be found without a stain.

I want my life in line,
So on my wedding day,
All impurities
Will have been washed away.


-- Charity Lacroix, girl, age 14

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit." (Joh 15:1-2)

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." (Joh 15:12-13)

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another." (Joh 15:16-17)
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." (Mat 5:8)

"For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin." (2Co 11:2)

"And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." (1Jo 3:3)
More of our children's poems:

Reward of the Overcomer

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God.You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."  The painting "Purity" © 2012 is by Danny Hahlbohm, all rights reserved by the artist. Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment