Friday, January 11, 2013

Without Love

If I speak in tongues
Yet I have not love
I’m just an annoying sound
To my God above

If I have been given
The gift of prophecy
But I don’t have love
What is that to me?

And if I have great faith
That can move a hill
Yet I have not love
I am nothing still

If I give all I have
To the needy souls
But love remains absent
Then I am not yet whole

Love is always patient
Love is always kind
It does not envy
Possessing its own mind

Love does not seek out
Something for itself
Love does not act rudely
Or envy someone’s wealth

Love does not delight
In evil, but exults
On God’s amazing truth
It keeps no list of faults

Love always protects
Always perseveres
Always trusts and hopes
Never acts in fear

Love will never fail
And now these three remain
Faith, and Hope, and Love
Yet Love will always reign


-- Charity Lacroix, age 14

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13 NIV)

More of our children's poems: 
Connected to the Vine
Open Line to God
Mirror of Christ

Attribution notice: Scripture taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, unless otherwise noted.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."  The "I Love You" painting © 2012 is by Danny Hahlbohm, all rights reserved by the artist.  Now I'd like to ask a very important question

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment