Thursday, June 25, 2020

Swift to the Rescue


The moment you hear me—
My cry of distress—
You’re swift to the rescue,
Like a bird to her nest.

The very first whimper,
The smallest of cries
Instantly beckons You
Right to my side.

Your nature of love
And deepest compassion
Aroused to arise,
Protective in action.

I just barely begin
To voice my heart’s plea,
When all heaven is summoned
And no less, for the need.

-- Charity Lacroix

"Even before they call out to me, I will answer them. While they are still speaking, I will hear them."
(Isa 65:24 NIrV)

"Then he said to me, "Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words." (Dan 10:12 NASB)

"'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'" (Jer 33:3 NASB)

"Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him." (Psa 103:13 NASB)

"The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  (Psa 116:5 NIV)

"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me."  (Psa 31:2 NIV)

""I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies. The waves of death swirled about me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. "In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears. The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the heavens shook; they trembled because he was angry. Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet. He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind. He made darkness his canopy around him— the dark rain clouds of the sky. Out of the brightness of his presence bolts of lightning blazed forth. The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded. He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy, with great bolts of lightning he routed them." (2Sa 22:4-15 NIV)

"He said: "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry." (Jon 2:2 NIV)

Attribution notice: Wherever noted, Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible NIV, copyright Zondervan, used by permission. Wherever noted, other quotations taken from the NASB, copyright Lockman Foundation, used by permission.

Photo credit:

Author's note:  The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages twelve through nineteen . The Why This Blog post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master. Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Jesus?
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International . He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment