Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Anchor

You hold me right in place.
In you I feel secure.
You’ve always kept me safe.
Christ, my steadfast Anchor.

Keeping me with love divine;
If in you I do remain,
Clinging tightly all the time.
You protect me from the rain.

Along the tiring seas
Of hardships, dangers too,
This ship of mine must always have
Its Anchor, which is You

The Rock on which I stand,
My Fortress and my Shield.
Held safely in your Hand;
All I have I yield.

Those who are awake,
Keeping holy lives
The devil cannot shake,
If God’s the One who drives.

Planted by the waters,
Unmoving in your faith,
Satan screams and hollers;
In God you cannot quake.

Though tests will keep on coming
To see if you are true,
In this race, keep on running!
What God promised He will do.

Lord of all creation,
Rooting you in place.
Without this firm foundation
Everything would be a waste.

-- Charity Lacroix, girl, age 14 

This poem was written by my daughter with no help from anyone except the Lord.  Here is the Scriptural basis for it:

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.” Hebrews 6:19 NIV

"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. (Mat 7:25, NASB)

"And all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ." (1Co 10:4, NASB)

"For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." (1Co 3:11)


Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB. Most other Scriptures taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, unless otherwise noted.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fourteen. Anchor cross graphic, courtesy of Sermon View.  The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. Poems on this site may be copied and used for non-commercial purposes, as long as proper credit and backlink to this blog is given.  No commercial use allowed without express permission from author.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.
 
Do You Want to Know Him?

If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment