Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Voiceless Innocents


Since the Father gives life,
Is it your right to take it?
That babe in your womb—
It is God Who has made it!

He has fashioned a wonder,
That small living being.
It was always a human,
With a heart that has feelings.

It may not be able
To voice this one plea,
But it just wants to live,
That’s a fact guaranteed.

It’s not just a blob,
Of which you can dispose.
It’s a breathing creation
With fingers and toes.

Your child has rights,
But you've gotten confused,
Convinced it’s YOUR right
Its life to diffuse.

We’re all human beings
From the time of conception.
If you’re told otherwise,
It’s a dangerous deception!

God gave you a gift
Which in turn, you disdain.
He considers abortion
And murder the same.

You’re making a statement
About human worth,
Diminishing its value
By denying it birth.

This isn’t your place.
Be real and be fair.
Gratefully steward
What was placed in your care.

If you’re facing a crisis,
Please do not resort
To the devil’s “solution.”
To “forget” and abort.

You will never forget,
Your conscience accusing.
I beg you today:
Think twice before choosing.

The plight of the unborn
Cannot be ignored.
Millions rejected
While no one implored.

But up there in heaven
They are lavished with love,
The rejection and pain
All removed up above.

Yes, there are children,
Little boys, little girls,
Who were sent from God’s bosom
And return as His pearls.

All around Jesus,
These innocents gather
As He cradles and hugs them,
And fills them with laughter.

-- Charity Lacroix

Official Music Video:
The Voiceless Innocents

Scripture Quotations: 

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be." (Ps 139:13-16, NIV)

"The word of the Lord came to me, saying,

 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'” (Jer 1:4-5, NIV)

"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
  Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
  Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court." (Ps 127:3-5, NIV)

Related Poems:
The Meaning of Life

Related articles:
Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
Known by God
God's Amazing Plan for Your Life
The Day of Small Things

Related Video:
The Sound of Abortion

Attribution notice: Scriptures taken from The Holy Bible, NIV, copyright Zondervan.

Author's note: The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages thirteen through twenty. The Why This Blog post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at Writing for the Master. Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Jesus?
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
                         _________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International. He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment