Monday, August 26, 2013

Praise for Our King


Be exalted, O God, in the heavens above!
We lift up our hands, an expression of love.
From the depths of our hearts, we shout to the Lord.
Forever and ever He will be adored!

Awaken, O sleeper, and sing Him a song
In the coolness of night, at the breaking of dawn.
With love so divine You have captured my heart!
May nothing on earth ever keep us apart.

O King Who is worthy of all of my praise,
We rejoice in your goodness; our voices we raise.
Help me to love you with all of my heart,
Simply because of how worthy you are.

How great is Your Name and how awesome Your deeds!
No man can accomplish what You’ve done for me.
Diamonds and rubies can never compare
With the beauty and value of love that You share!

 -- Charity, girl, age 15

Poet's Commentary:  In the second stanza of this poem, I said that the Lord Jesus has captured my heart. I am using the word "capture" to mean "to attract and hold."  He attracted my heart to Himself when I was a little girl and has held it.  And He continues to attract me.  But I know that I am still in the process. I want to go to a deeper level in Him.  That's my prayer, and I hope it is yours also.  That is why I have added in the third stanza, "Help me to love you with all of my heart."  This describes my deep desire, and I wanted to make sure I did not lead anyone to believe I am more spiritually mature than I really am.

More of our children's poems:

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fifteen. On this poem I made a minor adjustment with the approval of my daughter, Charity.  Poems on this site may be copied and used for non-commercial purposes, as long as proper credit and backlink to this blog is given.  No commercial use allowed without express permission from author. I recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God.  You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment