Thursday, June 25, 2020

Garden of His Delight


Unlock the golden gate
And make Your way
Into the garden of my heart.
None but You 
Possess the key
That gains You sacred access.
I hear Your gentle steps
Upon the rustling brush—
The rush of foxes chased away,
So we may have undisturbed communion—
Fellowship that drips with the sweetness
Of the honey of Your wisdom
That You impart to me. 
We walk together
Hand in hand
Through glistening dew.
The Spirit’s Wind
Envelops us,
Delights You with 
The fragrance of the flowers
Growing just for Your enjoyment.
Budding love has yielded fruit,
The Fruit of Love--
Obedience.
Endless pleasure greets You
In this golden, peaceful haven.
Petal-laden pathways,
Branches bursting blossoms,
A footbridge spanning bubbling brooks
Sparkling streams to dip our toes in.
Angelic aids have laid
A meal of heaven’s finest foods.
Beloved, let me hear
The secrets of Your heart
And know You
As I’m fully known. 

-- Charity Lacroix

"You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain." (Son 4:12 NIV)

"I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh with my spice. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. Eat, friends, and drink; drink your fill of love." (Son 5:1 NIV)

"Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits." (Son 4:16 NIV)

Attribution notice: Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible NIV, copyright Zondervan, used by permission.

Image credit: The Bloom of Spring artwork on this post was created by my daughter, Charity Lacroix.

Author's note:  The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages thirteen through twenty-three. The Why This Blog post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master. Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Jesus?
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International . He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment