Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Beckoned


Jesus wants a hug
From little boys and girls.
Though busy at His work,
They’re so adorable.

He loves to hear their laughter;
It brings Him such delight.
Oh, can’t you hear the Master
As warmly, He invites:

“Let the little ones come to Me.
Don’t keep them from My side.
For such as these I came to live
And on the cross to die.
And such as these possess My Kingdom,
City of the Light.

“Don’t worry, little ones.
Come sit down on My knee.”
He turns His ear to them.
“What would you like to tell Me?

“I’m managing the universe,
From galaxies to beating hearts.
But I want you to know My love for you infinite,
To know it from the start.”

-- Charity, girl, age 17


Scriptural basis:
"Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." After laying His hands on them, He departed from there." (Mat 19:13-15)

Attribution notice: Scripture quotation taken from the NASB. The illustration, called "His Little Lambs", isby my seventeen-year old daughter, Charity Lacroix. You can find more of her artwork at A Brush with Life.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages ten through seventeen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment