Monday, July 27, 2015

Compassion for the Lost

Sorrow for the Perishing



Our hearts are so hard
That we can’t shed one tear
For the masses plunging toward hell.
Our feelings have grown to be
So numb and so dry
That we only care for ourselves.

While Jesus is weeping for multitudes falling
Like sand to eternal destruction,
How could we be void
Of that same intense love,
Passing sinners without preaching salvation.

Lord, give me compassion
Deep down in my heart
That when I am passing them by,
I’d reach out to a soul
That’s so precious, You cry.

-- Charity, girl, age 17
(with contributions from family members)


Scriptural basis:
"I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race." (Ro 9:1-3)

"Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience...For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died." (2 Cor 5:11-14)

Related blogs:
Give Me Children or I'll Die!
Rescue Souls!
Compelled by Love
Here I Am, Send Me
Being a Witness for Christ
Confrontational Evangelism
The Love of Jesus

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages ten through seventeen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment