Saturday, December 14, 2013

Beauty Unfading

You acknowledge the beauty I gave you from birth,
Yet your actions portray your distrust in its worth.
You’re changing my image with silver and gold.
My children, abandon these idols you hold!

You think that my focus is just on the heart
But attire contributes to all that you are.
If you will excuse every sin with My grace,
I will tell you once more, you shall not see My face.

Where is the spirit so gentle and meek?
Will a glory on earth become that which you seek?
If you knew I come NOW for a purified Bride,
You would know it is then she becomes glorified.

I can see by your ways that you doubt I am wise
As I steer you away from the Enemy’s lies.
But I’m the Good Shepherd and I know what is best.
Compromise with the world is what I detest.

The only true beauty that I recognize
Is within humble hearts that have sought no disguise
To conceal what the world would call ugly and dull.
But I make no mistakes with the big or the small.

The choice is now yours on which path you will take.
Will you cherish Me only and satan forsake?
I am jealous for you, precious people of mine.
Whom will you marry; with whom will you dine?

-- CVL, girl, age 15

More poems from our children:

Related blogs:

Image credit:  The "Purity" painting © 2012 is by Danny Hahlbohm, all rights reserved by the artist.

Author's note The poems in this blog were written by my children, ages seven through fifteen. The "Why This Blog" post explains how the Lord inspired these poems in answer to a prayer during illness. Please also see America, Turn Back to God. I also recommend visiting my children's blog, A Brush with Life, where you will also find beautiful art they have drawn for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."  Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment